Hotels and Restaurants are built for the public as a business centre where people come and stay temporarily for some time and after having rest, meals, etc. proceed on for their destination. Thus the benefits of hotel and restaurant are two folds - to the customers restaurants for good and delicious food, and for decent comfortable stay as 'paying guest'. The better this arrangement, the more is the popularity and fame of the hotel or restaurant in the country and outside. It is possible only when the construction of hotels and restaurants is done according to the principles of Vastu Shastra. Surely then these will be beneficial and profitable to the customers (Travelers) and the concerned people.
The following important facts must be kept in mind while establishing and running a hotel/restaurant business so as to make it progressive and profitable.
(1) The building should be constructed on a plot having rectangular, square, circular, Bhadrasanakar, quadrangular, hexagonal, octagonal, singhmukhakar shape. This gives all round profits.
(2) If there are roads on all the four sides or on the north and east, it is auspicious and beneficial.
(3) Slope of the land should be towards the north-east.
(4) Building should be constructed in such a way that the north and east portion remains mostly open.
(5) Furnace, burner (Chulha), electric transformer, gas room and kitchen should be kept in the south-east portion.
(6) Rooms for the stay of travelers (Customers) should be constructed in the south-west.
(7) Dining hall and restaurant in the west in always auspicious.
(8) Swimming pool, underground water tank, wells, bore-well etc. should be constructed in the north-east where only these are auspicious; overhead water tank should always be in the south west.
(9) Large open ground, lawn, and space for organising conferences etc. in open should be maintained.
(10) Arrangements in the rooms for stay of travelers should be made in such a way that the beds are in south or west portion and the person may sleep with feet towards north or west only.
(11) T.V. and Telephone be kept on right and left side of the bed.
(12) Attached toilet should be provided in the north-west or between the south and south-west corner. Bath room in the east or north or west only.
(13) Store for raw materials required for the hotel and cloak-room (for the bag and baggages of the customers) should be there in the north.
(14) Main door should be singhmukhi and it should be built in proper according to Vaastu-rules by dividing the length of the side in nine parts.
(15) Permanent store should be kept in south-west so that this corner is always heavy.
After the site is selected, taking into consideration,levels, roads and angles etc., one has to plan the open spaces for lawns and car parking. While cellar could be designed for car parking, for kitchen stores and for servant stay etc., the ground floor could be used for reception,and restaurant. As the area required for kitchen has to be sufficiently big, with light and ventilation, it is better that kitchen is planned on ground floor earmarking complete south-east portion for ovens, grinders and vegetable cutting etc.
On first floor they could plan conference halls, and more restaurant area if necessary and the upper floors could be used for rooms. Care has to be taken that the balconies are provided in east or north. The toilets should be avoided in
north-east side of the rooms. Store rooms with huge stocks should be in south or west, or south-west.
Air-conditioning Plant: A.C. equipment is to be kept in south-east of the complex and there from it is to be operated. It should never be installed in north-east under any circumstances.
Electrical Generators and Transformers: These are to be installed in south-east direction.
Wash Basins: It is not advisable to keep wash basins in the centre of halls even for convenience sake. Wash basins are to be arranged in north or east or north-east of halls.
Main Entrances of Restaurants: It is better to have main entrance in east or north or north-east directions. If it is to be kept in west direction, it should be towards north-west but not in south- west under any circumstances. If it is forced to keep main entrance in south, it advisable to keep it in south-east rather than south -west.
Mezzanine Floor: Mezzanine floor in any hall have to be
provided along west or south walls.
Cash Counter and Reception: These may be provided in south-west with elevated platforms but if it is provided in
north-west or other places the floor level should not be higher than south-west.
Water Bodies: Swimming pools, water ponds, fountains, borewells, and sumps etc.; have to be planned in north or east and north east.
Vastu Advice For The Hotels
The hotel should be such so as to cater to the needs of the guests, should get guests in adequate number and should do good hospitality. If not made according to vastu, can result in no arrival of guest and in the end into a failure.
We have to take care of the following points while studying about the vastu of the hotels.
- Proper location of the commercial complex regarding roads.
- The exteriors of the office like shape, slope, height, water level
- The location of the beams
- The location of the basement
- The direction of the Entrance
- The direction & placement of the windows
- The direction & placement of the open space to be left
- The direction & placement of the space where the construction has to take place
- The direction & placement of the rooms
- The direction & placement of the office
- The direction & placement of the reception
- The direction & placement of the parking
- The direction and placement of the electrical equipment like generators, inverters
- The direction and placement of the stairs
- The direction & placement of AC plant
- The direction & placement of the swimming pool
- The direction & placement of the lift
- The direction & placement of the pantry/kitchen
- The direction & placement of the toilets
- The direction & placement of the water products
- The direction and placement of the water boring
- The direction and placement of the staff underground water tank
- The direction and placement of the overhead water tank
- The direction and placement of the septic tank or the waste disposal
Rameshwar Prasad invites you to the Wonderful World of Vastu Shastra
CONTACT THE CONSULTANT
Engineer Rameshwar Prasad
(B.Tech., M.Tech., P.G.D.C.A., P.G.D.M.)
49 C (Second Floor), Pocket- B,
New Delhi - 110096,
TeleFax : +(91)-11-22615299, Mobile : +(91) 9810105218