1. The Sun as lord of the 5th, the Mercury as lord of the 3rd and 6th, the Jupiter as lord of the 9th and the Saturn as lord of the 10th are directly or indirectly in some form or the other are the Karakas of the father and his property. But the Jupiter and the Sun, Jupiter and Mercury or Jupiter and Saturn occupying any house jointly carry no relevance to the knowledge about father or father's property at all. Even Mercury and Sun, Mercury and Saturn or Sun and Saturn also sitting together behave in the same manner.
2. If two or more inimical planets are occupying a single house, they will not behave as enemies. But it does not mean that they do not affect the influences of each other and show their own results of being in that house independently i.e. their conjunction does not affect their individual results.
3. Friendly planets together occupying a house become extremely friendly and help each other in producing good and auspicious results.
4. The 7th house is regarded as the Pucca Ghar (permanent house) of Mercury. If Mercury is placed in the 7th house of a horoscope, even the powerful planets like Sun, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn occupying a Kendra, 2nd or 11th house can not affect the health of the native adversely.
5. If a female planet is placed in any house along with Saturn and both are being aspected by any other planet, then the expecting planet will become afflicted and affect adversely the persons and relatives of such expecting planet as Karakas.
6. In general, all planets in their Pucca Ghar, own house or exalted house give good results. A planet in inimical house or in a house of debilitation gives bad results. If a planet is not placed in his Pucca Ghar and the same is occupied by a planet inimical to such planet, then that planet will destroy the good results of the house in which he stands placed.
7. While examining a horoscope, the 1st, 7th, 8th and 11th houses must be examined together as they are mutually interested. The planets in the ascendant is treated as a ruler and the one in the 7th acts as his minister. The planet in the 8th is the eye of that ruler, whereas the planet in the 11th house is the ruler's foot.
More planets in the 7th house than the 1st house shows that the ruler does not have required control over his minister. If the planets in the 11th house are inimical to the planets in the first house, then they will not obey the command of the ruler i.e., the results of the 11th house will be adversely affected.
The planets of the 8th house (eyes) guide the planets of the 7th house (minister) and control their actions and effects. If the planets of the 1st and 8th houses are friendly, then the planet in the 7th house can not play any mischief.
Mars in the 7th is considered to be highly conducive for gaining large property. But if Mercury is in the Lagna, it will destroy the properties. It will be destroyed because of the foolishness of the native, because here the Mercury being in the first house is Karaka of the native. At the same time if the Mercury is in the 8th house, it will again destroy the properties, but here the reasons for destination will be unknown and invisible, because the active elements of the 8th house are always secretive and mysterious in nature over which the native has no control.
Similarly, if the planets of the 1st and 11th houses destination are friendly, they will control the planets of the 7th house. If they are inimical, the results would be bad.
The planets of the 1st house aspect the planets of the 7th house. If they are mutually inimical, then the bad results accrue because of the foolishness or unworthiness of the native. The planets of the 8th house aspect the planets of the 2nd house and thereby affect their results.
8. 2nd, 6th, 8th, 12th and 11th houses must also be examined simultaneously as follows :
(a) The planets of the 8th house aspect the 2nd house and thereby affect the results of the 2nd house. The effects of the aspects of the planets of the 8th house over the 2nd house are affected by the planets of the 11th house - favourably if friendly and unfavourably if inimical.
(b) The planets of the 2nd house aspect the 6th house and affects its results. The planets of the 6th and 8th houses have secret relations with each other, because of which they also affect the planets of the 2nd house (+++).
(c) The 12th house also affects the 2nd house (+++). If there are evil planets in the 6th and 8th houses, (because of their secret/implied conjunction) their evil power increases 10 times.
(d) If the planets in the 12th and 8th houses are inimical, the native should not visit temples and other places of worship.
9. The 3rd, 11th, 5th, 9th and 10th houses must also be examined simultaneously as follows :
(a) If there is any planet in the 3rd house, it will start showing effects after the birth of the native's younger brother. If the 9th and 5th houses are occupied by Saturn Rahu or Ketu then the unfavourable changes start coming up in the native's life just after the birth of the child.
(b) If there are good planets in the 9th house and there is no planet in the 2nd house, the native remains deprived of all the benefits.
(c) If there is no planet in the 4th house, or it is occupied by Rahu, Ketu or Saturn, then the good results of the 10th house will not be received by the native. If 10th and 2nd houses are empty, the good results of the 4th house will go waste.
(d) If the 3rd and 9th houses are bad, the 5th will also prove bad.
(e) If the 9th is occupied by Sun or Moon, the 5th house will give good results.
(f) If the 9th is occupied by Sun or Moon, then Rahu or Ketu in the 5th will neither affect the issues of the native or the native himself adversely.
(g) If Rahu or Ketu be placed in the 5th and there are inimical planets in the 8th then strokes of misfortune will hit the native through the 11th house. The relatives indicated by the planets of the 5th and 8th houses will also be affected. In this situation the earnings of the native will also be affected very adversely, if the 2nd house is empty. Nothing will be able to save the native. Now the planets of the 10th and 5th will also turn to be malefic whatever be their natural character.
Evil Effects Of Planets And Their Remedy Tips
Donate wheat, jaggery and copper, read Harivansha Purana, douse the flame of the stove at night with milk. Eat something sweet and drink a little water before starting a job. If the Sun is somehow troubled in the tenth house then the person should drop copper coins in flowing water.
Immerse silver in moving water. keep a glass of water or milk at the besides before retiring to bed at night. In the morning pour the water to the roots of Keekar tree. Avoid selling milk. Always keep rice, silver and natural water with you. Donate green clothes to unmarried girls. Avoid drinking milk before sleeping at night. Donate milk. Draw water from the well of the cremation ground and keep in your house. Never offer milk in Bhairon temple.
Donate sweet chapati roasted in tandoor. Drop revari and batashe in clean, flowing, water. Donate lentil and deer skin. Worship lord Hanuman and read Hanuman Chalisa. Offer prasad in Hanuman temple and distribute.
Burn Kauris in fire and throw away it , ashes in river. Pierce a hole in a silver coin and immerse in the flowing water. Wear emerald in the ring. Read Durga Chalisa. Offer Parsad in Durga temple. Worship Goddess Durga. Get the nose pierced. Brush teeth with alum. Worship little girls. Offer alms generously in religious institutions. Donate goat.
Plant a peepal tree, water the tree and look after it.
Donate saffron, turmeric, bengal gram and gold. If the person does not have a son, he should devotedly worship Lord Hari and read Harivansha Purana.
It is advised to keep away a morsel of food from your plate before eating and offer it to cow. Donate a cow or its feed. Donate ghee, curd, camphor and pearl. give alms to the poor. Help and look after widows. Worship Goddess Laxmiji with devotion.
Make very small balls of flour and offer them to fishes. Offer chapati to crow. Donate whole black gram, iron, oil, leather, stove (angithee), tong, wine and spirit. Worship Lord Shiva ardently.
Drop coconut in the fast current of water. Wash barley with milk and 1 nmerse it in river. If a person suffers from tuberculosis owing to the evil effect of Rahu then he must wash barley in cow's urine and keep in a box. He must keep the box safely with himself. Rinse teeth with cows urine. Donate radish. Drop coal in flowing water. Donate mustard and sapphire. These objects can be donated to a sweeper.
Offer chapati to dogs. Donate sesame. If the natal's son is disobedient and misbehaves, it is advised to donate blanket in the temple. If the person suffers from urinary problem or leg ache then he should wear a silver ring silk thread around his neck. If the sonstrewn in as undergoes some problem, the person is advised to offer food to a black dog for 43 days.
Specific remedies for different situations
(1) If Moon is in its 21st day (when it is weak) and the natal's wife undergoes labour pains, it is advised that his mother should go to stay at some other place. She should look at the new born infant only after the baby is 43 days old or else it shall be harmful for the infant.
(ii) If Mars is sitting in the ninth house and gives its evil effect then the natal is advised to serve his sister in law (elder brother's wife).
(iii) If Mars is seated in the 2nd house and aspects the fifth house then there shall be a problem relating to progeny; in such a case the person is advised to take good care of his family members; he might beget children.
(iv) If Saturn is seated in the fifth house and the natal starts construction of his house, his children start suffering; he is advised to keep the objects related to the enemies of Saturn, i.e. Sun, Moon and Mars with him to protect his children.
(v) After the death of the relative who has been under the effect of 12th house of the natal's horoscope, it is advised to keep objects related to the malicious planet with him so that he can sleep well.
(vi) Ketu is related to son and dog. Hence if the natal's son is under some pressure or problem, it is advised that he gives food to a black dog for 43 days.
Objects related to dual planets
Lal Kitab has propounded different pairs of planets and attributed different objects to them jointly. These are explained in the following table:
Pair of Planets Objects
Jupiter Ketu: Yellow lemon
Jupiter Moon: Banyan tree
Sun Moon: Milk of banyan leaves, Leechi, horse
Sun Venus: Red stone, glass of bell metal (kansa) burnt clay
Sun Mercury: Red alum, white glass
Moon Saturn: Red ink, poisonous milk, well, tortoise
Venus Mars: Tandoor, ruddle (geru)
Venus Mercury: Artificial Sun, scale (balance), flour grinding mill
Venus Saturn: Black peppermint, ghee
Mars Saturn: Coconut, dates
Mars (evil) Mercury: Magnifying glass, Pomegranate flowers,
Sparkling red clothes of a girl
Mars (good) Mercury: Sparkling red clothes worn by bride
Mercury Saturn: Mango tree
Lal Kitab Remedies for evil effect due to the combination of planets
(1) If Sun and Jupiter are placed together in a horoscope then the person is likely to go through financial problems. As per Lal Kitab the natal is advised to use objects related to Jupiter. He may eat saffron and wear gold ring.
(2) When Sun and Saturn are placed together in a horoscope, the natal's wife is likely to face very ill health. He is advised to donate cattle feed (chari) equal to the weight of his wife.
(3) When Sun and Saturn are placed together in a horoscope, first of all it should be seen which planet is more powerful and then apply the remedy accordingly. If Sun is in the stronger position he should donate copper but if Saturn in the stronger place he should donate iron and sesame.
(4) When Sun and Rahu are placed together in a house in the horoscope then the person is likely to suffer from tuberculosis, etc. or the maladies caused by Rahu It is advised to immerse objects related to Rahu such as coal and mustard in the river at the time of solar eclipse.
(5) When Rahu and Moon are placed together in a house, the natal should immerse coal and mustard in the flowing water on the occasion of lunar eclipse.
(6) If Mars and Mercury are placed together in a house then the health of the natal's younger sister will be badly affected as mercury is related to sister. As a remedy the objects related to Mars should be buried under the ground in a deserted place. Honey and aniseed can be kept in a surahl (pitcher) and buried under the ground in a secluded place.
Effect and remedies of the planets on the basis of placement in the house
Lal Kitab believes that the planet sitting in its own house always gives favourable effect.
Mars in Ist house, Venus in 2nd house, Mercury in 3rd house. Moon in 4th house, Sun in 5th house, Mercury and Ketu in 6th house, and Venus in 7th house always give auspicious effects to the natal.
Mars is the lord of the 8th house. It gives favourable effects if it is placed alone but if it is placed with Saturn or Moon, it starts giving malign effect.
Jupiter is the Lord of the 9th house and gives beneficial results. The 10th house is deceitful. Any planet sitting in this house acts deceitfully. They give good effect if they are seated in the 2nd or the 11th house. Saturn gives favourable effect in the I Itb house. Jupiter is auspicious in the 12th house.
Charms, Remedies and Good Conduct
The evil effects of planets can (or cannot) be diminished in some cases.
(1) If a planet placed in a particular house gives the effect of that house, then there is the possibility of reducing its evil effect.
(11) If that very planet gives its own malign effects, then any remedy is not possible.
There are three kinds of remedies suggested for the first kind which would diminish the evil effect.
(a) Charms They give instant relief Just like an injection.
(b) Precautions They give long term relief like effective medicine.
(c) Good Conduct It gives life long effect.
For instance. if mercury is affected by Moon in a horoscope then the person is likely to suffer from diseases related to lungs. The mother shall often remain ill. Three forms of cures and precautions are suggested in this case.
(a) Keep a pot filled with water at bedside. Pour out the water on the roots of a Keekar plant in the morning; this shall give instant relief
(b) Give green coloured clothes to unmarried girls as gifts. Avoid drinking milk before retiring to bed. It has a long term effect.
(c) Worship the family deity. Follow a good conduct by touching the feet of the elders in salutation thereby seeking their blessings. This shall eventually have a permanent effect. The person shall get rid of the evil effect of the planet for ever.
Worship For Getting Rid Of Evil Planets
Worship Lord Vishnu and read Harivansha Purana. Donate copper and wheat.
Worship Lord Shiva and chant the mantra 'Om Namah Shivay and do Mahamrtunjay jap. Donate milk, rice and silver.
Chant the auspicious Gayatri Mantra and worship Lord Hanuman. Offer prasad in Hanuman temple and distribute it. donate lentil and red moong dal.
Worship Goddess Durga, read Durga Saptashati and donate whole green gram.
Worship Lord Brahma, read Harivansha Purana and donate bengal gram and gold.
Worship Goddess Laxmi. Help the needy and widows. Donate ghee, curd, camphor and pearl.
Worship Lord Bhairava. Obtain favour of the ruler or administrator. Donate whole black gram and iron.
Worship Goddess Saraswati. Perform kanya dan or help a needy person in getting his daughter married. Donate mustard and sapphire.
Worship Lord Ganesha. Donate a cow and sesame.
Lal Kitab Tips
(1) Keep away 3 morsels of food from your plate to be offered to cow, crow and dog.
(2) In order to escape from the mischiefs of Rahu it is advised to eat the food where it had been cooked.
(3) Offer sweet chapaties to animals equal to the total members of the family + the number of guests (approximately and 2 4 extra chapatles). Make sure that the amount of chapaties should not be less; the size could be reduced.
(4) Keep some water in a vessel below bed before retiring to sleep. Drop the water in the morning in the place where it is not disgraced.
(5) Human behaviour is governed by the planetary movements. It shall be extremely dangerous to act against it.
Tips for Children
(1) If first child dies then it is advised that a red thread should be tied on the woman's arm soon after she conceives. Remove the thread from the arm when the child is born and tie to the new born child. A fresh thread should be tied on the mother's arm and it should continue there for 18 months.
(2) Worship Lord Ganesha.
(3) Offering morsel of food from the plate to the cow
is highly beneficial.
(4) Keep milk in a container, take some other object too like Jaggery (khand) or anything else in paper bag or any other container. Let the expectant mother touch the objects to be donated. Soon after the child birth the container should be sent to a temple. Be careful that the container should not be taken back. The utility of the container affects the result.
(5) If Rahu is weak in the annual horoscope it is advised to keep barley (Jau) water in a bottle before the child is born. It shall help in smooth birth of the child.
(6) Roast sweet chapati in tandoor (not on tawa) during the day and offer it to dog.
(7) If the person does not have children or the children pass away soon after the birth, then it is advisable to roast salty chapaties instead of sweet ones and feed dogs.
(8) A child born in a religious place shall enjoy long life.
(9) It is auspicious to keep the male puppy in the house which was born alone; it shall cause prosperity to the house.
(10) When Mars and Saturn are placed together in a house then the person begets his own children at the right age but grandchildren are born rather late.
(11) The child has a long life if a male planet is placed with Moon.
(12) If there is Ketu or a wicked planet in the fifth house then the child may die.
(13) There are a number of obstacles in marriage and children if Venus, Mercury and Mars are placed in the 3rd house, and 9th and 11th houses are vacant.
(14) The person's child shall not survive if Sun is in the 6th, Mars in the 10th and Moon is in the 11th house.
(15) The woman shall be barren if Venus is placed in the 2nd house and the 6th house is vacant.
(16) The person begets a male child when Jupiter is placed in 1 4th house and Mercury in 9 12 house.
(17) The person has a son when Mars is in 1 4, Jupiter in 5 8 and Mercury in 9 12 houses.
(18) The natal has a female child when Mars is in 1 4, Mercury in 5 8 and Jupiter in 9 12.
(19) Daughter is born if Jupiter is in 1 4, Mercury in 5 8, and Mars in 9 12.
(20) Son is born if Mars is in 1 4, Mercury in 9 12, but the father is not well off.
Tips for Journey
Air flight is predicted through Jupiter and sea voyage through Moon. The journey in general or any such changes are studied from the position of Ketu.
(1) If the 8th house is weak the person shall undertake a journey after a promotion.
(2) The natal shall spend his life away from his relatives if 8th house in his horoscope is vacant.
(3) If Jupiter is well placed, there shall be no change of town; at the most he may be transferred to a different branch in the same town for betterment.
(4) There shall be an order for journey which will be cancelled later if there is any planet placed in the 12th house.
(5) If the 1st house is placed well then the person shall surely shift to different town. It is not necessary that he shifts on promotion; he may even have to shift over due to illness but the shifting shall be eventually fruitful.
Tips for the Happiness in Family
(6) If the 2nd and the 6th house are favourable, the person shall live a happy life with his family. He shall be promoted but not necessarily transferred. If there is a journey then it shall be beneficial.
Useful Tips for Selecting a Suitable Bridegroom
(1) A person is likely to abandon his wife and children in his youth, if Saturn is placed in the I Ith house.
(2) If Saturn is placed in the 2nd house, the bridegroom shall not be auspicious for bride's family.
(3) If Mercury and Rahu are together placed in the 3rd or the 8th or the 12th house of bridegroom, it shall not be favourable for the bride's family.
(4) The man may be impotent if Venus and Ketu are together placed in the Lagna.
(5) If Sun is in the 6th, Mars in the 10th, Moon in the Lagna, Jupiter in the 11th house, then the person is likely to squander away all his wealth in the activities of sexual vices. A similar situation is faced if Jupiter or Venus is in the 10th house and Jupiter or Moon are placed in the Lagna.
Some Tips for Routine Life
(1) The Saturn in the 6th house can give good, evil or mixed effect. If the result are negative, the person should drop coconut and walnut in flowing water.
(2) While living in a joint family, if father suffers in his health and profession due to evil impact of Jupiter and Saturn then it is advisable to keep pure gold and saffron in the house.
(3) Keep a silver plate in the house if Jupiter and Moon are giving evil effect in the matters of health and wealth. A silver plate could also be hid in a hole dug in a corner of the house.
(4) The combination of Jupiter Moon is not good. The person might be benefited in business and contractorship. To avoid evil effects, objects related to Ketu should be buried in ground.
(5) It is advisable to give financial aid to daughter, bahu, maternal uncle and sweeper if Jupiter and Moon are placed in the 1 Ith house.
(6) The combination of Jupiter and Venus is inauspicious. It is advised to make clay toys or indulge in laying mud on roads, i.e. business of road construction may be profitable.
(7) Women should wear gold on ear to overcome the evil effects of the combination of Jupiter Venus which effects the destiny adversely. A business related to Venus shall. be good for both Jupiter as well as Venus. Although the change may not be very noticeable but the person shall get the help from some source when it shall be required the most, at the time of distress.
(8) Venus and Jupiter placed in the 8th house do not give financial gains. The person should opt for the business related to concrete and mud. The business of road construction, house or toys shall be profitable.
(9) Jupiter and Venus placed in the 10th house are very inauspicious for atheist. It is suggested to have faith in God and perform some religious task.
(10) The person should completely abstain from alcohol if Saturn and Venus are placed in the 5th house.
(11) It is advisable to awaken the planet under whose aspect the combination of Saturn and Jupiter falls.
(12) Jupiter shall not give beneficial results when it is placed with Saturn. If they are placed in the 12th house and give evil effect then it is advised to please Saturn.
(13) Planet placed in the 6th house of the annual horoscope adversely affect the health of the natal. He should donate objects related to it.
(14) If the 3rd and the 5th house are vacant then the 9th house can be awakened by means of 2nd house.
(1 5) The 4th house shall not give favourable results if the 10th house is vacant. The natal is advised to serve the parents and feed 10 blind people.
(16) The Sun placed in the 11th house will give favourable effects only if the person lives a pious life and is a vegetarian. If the person is nonvegetarian and consumes alcohol, Sun shall become furious. The natal may not have any children.
(17) If Jupiter and Ketu are favourable, then the Moon placed in the 11th house gives favourable results, at least till the natal's mother is alive.
(18) Jupiter placed in the Lagna is auspicious. The natal is advised to take up the business related to Moon. Business related with Ketu will be beneficial for children. Venus is favourable for business to his wife but if the occupation is related to Sun he shall prosper and emerge as victor.
(19) If Jupiter is placed in the 6th house and Ketu is unfavourable, it is advisable to take up the remedy for Ketu.
(20) Saturn does not give evil effects in the 10th house but in case there is unfavourable effect the person should take up remedies to please Jupiter.
(21) If Mars gives evil effects one must keep ivory or anything made of ivory in the house.
Striking Principles and Precautions
The author of Lal Kitab has enunciated such significant principles of astrology that stand well tested today and as such they are of utmost importance in our day to day life. In view of this, an effort is being made here to describe some unfailing principles and astrological precautions for the benefit of people at large.
To begin with, no temple with idols should be constructed even for individual worship in a residential house. However, keeping photos or drawings of deities on paper is not prohibited. This is highly inauspicious for the natives born with Jupiter in 7th house.
If there is a small dark room at the end of the house, where there is no passage for air or light, the same should be left as it is and no attempt should be made to facilitate natural light through opening windows etc. in that room; otherwise, misfortunes will strike the residents.
Places where ornaments or money is kept secretly must not be left empty. If there is nothing to be kept, please put some dry fruits there.
There must necessarily be some uncemented place in a house. But if it is not feasible, the articles related to Venus must be installed and established therein.
Safe Delivery and Longevity of Children
- Worship of lord Ganesh is highly auspicious for children and property.
- For safe delivery of children, a milk pot filled with milk and a sugar pot filled with sugar must be touched by the delivering mother and kept at some different place. After the delivery both the pots should be offered to some temple and should not be brought back from there. Good effects will multiply if the quality of the pots is good.
- If one's children do not survive the native must distribute salty preparations in place of sweets, to celebrate the birth of the child.
Alms and Charity
- Digging of wells or providing drinking water facilities for public is strictly prohibited for those with moon in 6th house of the birth chart. Any violation of the above would invite utter destruction and extreme poverty.
- Building of dharmshalas, sarais or inns is strictly prohibited for those having Saturn in 8th house.
- Saturn in Lagna and Jupiter in 5th house cause death of children one after the other, if copper coins are given in charity.
- Jupiter in 10th and moon in 4th cause false allegations and critical legal proceedings against the native if he builds temples or gurudwaras.
- Financial aid to widows and scholarships to poor children are strictly prohibited for those having Venus in 9th house.
- Grave consequences would folllow if a native with moon in 12th house opens schools for free education, or offers food to religious saints and Jogins.
- Anyone having Jupiter in 7th house must not offer clothes to anyone in charity
- Donations in the morning and evening hours by persons having Sun in 7th or 8th house of their horoscope will produce highly harmful and poisonous effects.
The younger brother should never go for adoption of children of the elder brother. At the same time he should also not arrange the free marriage of the daughter of his elder brother. These practices would certainly lead to disastrous consequences.
Selection of Bridegrooms
- Saturn in 11th house makes the native desert his wife and children in young age, whereas Saturn in the boy's 2nd house proves inauspicious for the bride's family.
- Mercury and Rahu combining in houses 3, 8, 9, or 12 of the groom is also inauspicious for the bride's family.
- Venus and Ketu together in Lagna make the native impotent.
- The groom is likely to be of bad sexual habits and may destroy his wealth in that, if the planetary positions are as follows :
(a) Sun in 6th and Mars in 10th with the afflicted 12th house.
(b) Moon in Lagna and Jupiter in 11th house .
(c) Jupiter and Venus in 10th house.
Remedies Applicable to All
- Sweet loaves of bread, specially baked in Tandoor, should be offered to animals every month for warding off sickness, quarrels and other troubles, caused by Mars negative in the horoscope.
- Place a pot of water under the headside of the bed at night and pour it on a tree or plant in the morning.
- Taking meals in the kitchen is a strong safeguard against the mischiefs of Rahu.
- From one's own meal a chapati or a piece of it must be offered to cows, crows and dogs for all round well being and prosperity.
Further, we all believe that going to a temple for offering prayer is always a good thing, which must be admired and encouraged. But according to Lal Kitab, the native having a malefic planet, especially Saturn in 8th house, when 2nd house is empty, must not visit temples or other places of worship. Rather he should bow his head from outside. Similarly, if planets occupying 6th, 8th and 12th houses are inimical to each other and 2nd house is not occupied by any planet, the native must avoid visiting temples and other religious places of worship.
The most striking thing about Lal Kitab is that it enshrines due admiration for Vedic culture and philosophy of the Hindus. Living in a joint family has been suggested as a powerful remedial measure and if for some reason this is not possible the native should sleep on the bed sheet which was used by his father. In other cases the native has been asked to obtain the blessings of parents and elders etc. as an amulet against the evil. It is worth pointing out that such simple and innocent remedies have worked wonders in tested cases.