Peace of mind has lost by most
homeowners because of negative energies and sleeping
direction which makes an important factor for losing
peace of mind. Sleeping position of people is utmost
significant because this is the position in which we
spend our 8-10 hours. Our bed surrounds with energies
and if a person sleeping on it faces wrong direction
then he/she has to encounter undesirable results
effecting their health and peace of mind.
Vaastu shastra dates back to the Vedas or the
eternal books of knowledge. It is referred to as an Upaveda of
Atharvaveda. Vaastu crosses the frontiers of material science when
it speaks of the concept of Vaastu Purusha Mandala. The science
personifies space and its importance as Vaastu Purusha. The
ancient masters’ concept of channelizing space energies into an
area called Mandala to give humanity peace and prosperity was
later handed over to modern world by Einstein as E=mc2 (Energy and
matter are inter-convertible).
Gross energy, identified as Vaastu (sthoola) and
subtle energy as Vaastu (Sookshma) very clearly highlight the
importance of both physical and metaphysical aspects of
A high degree of precision is used in
measurements, the smallest unit being the Paramanu or the atom.
The Angula and the Hasta are the standard units of measurements
for buildings and Idols. Ayadi Shadvarga or Six-Force formulae
should be used to orient the building properly and arrive at the
correct dimensions. The compatibility of the nakshatra of the
building to the nakshatra of the owner or resident of the property
is of prime importance. Muhurtha at four stages of construction
play an important part in giving the residents of a building peace
The position of our sleeping bed is primary
concern in incurring better peace of mind because this place
provides us strength and enhance decision making power. We usually
spend maximum time on our bed and if this place is not favourable
would affect all round peace and health. Therefore it is advisable
to check your sleeping position to get back the power of peace and
Here are a few simple principles that can be
easily adapted for promoting peace and prosperity in one’s
1. Balance the primary elements, that is, space,
water, earth, fire and wind, of an area with the assistance of a
2. Always orient to the cardinal directions i.e. North, South,
West or East.
3. Orientation can also be based on your astrological sign.
4. Never orient to the angular directions i.e. North-East,
North-West, South-East or South-West.
5. Have a compound wall on all the four sides.
6. Create a depression all along the boundary wall within the site
by creating a green belt or flower path.
7. Elevate the building to three feet above road level.
8. De-activate the Paisacha zone (of negative energies) by keeping
the compound walls away from the main building.
9. Mahadwara or the main door lets in the Pranavayu or the primary
energies into the terrestrial habitation. The dimensions of the
door should be carefully selected for proper flow of these
energies into the building.
10. Keep the center of your building free of depressions, pillars,
columns and water.
11. The center or the northeast of an area is ideal for a Puja
12. Let your daughters occupy the North-West rooms.
13. Elders can sleep with their heads to the South and the
youngsters to the East. Turn to the right as you get up from your
14. Patients and sick members of your family can occupy the
15. Masters of the house can occupy the South and South-West rooms
16. Avoid the lunar months of Jyesta, Ashada, Bhadrapada,
Ashwiyuja, Margasira, Pushya and Phalguna while laying the
foundation of a building or a layout.
17. Lay your bore or dig a well when the constellations Revathi,
Uttarabhadra, Hasta, Anuradha, Makha, Sravana, Rohini and Pushyami
18. Activate finances by a proper placement of the primary element
Udaka or water.
The masters of wisdom handed over Vaastu Shastra
to us on a platter. As intelligent beings, we need to adapt these
simple principles to the modern changed conditions of life and
make use of them for our peace and prosperity.