Vastu shastra is an ancient Indian
science of Vedic origin that deals with proper
construction of a house. An age old technique, Vastu
defines building of homes in sync with the natural
forces. A vaastu perfect home not only attains
complete harmony with natural forces, but also brings
in prosperity, good thought and sound health to its
residents. There are certain basic principles that are
considered Vastu-logically correct for the making and
designing of the house.
Following these principles,
while constructing a house or even choosing one would
be highly beneficial and advantageous. Read on to know
more about the fundamental principles of vastu.
Basic Principles Of Vaastu Shastra
- For people who are planning to buy a plot, make sure you get
one that is in south west, south & west directions. Theses
plots are considered more advantageous than others.
- Plots that are square or rectangular in shape are better
than irregular cut ones. Also, the plot should be slopping
towards the north & east or northeast.
- A house which has mango, banana or a jamun tree in the
vicinity is not considered auspicious. However, a peepal tree
in the west side at some distance from the house is considered
auspicious. So is an imli tree if it is in southwest direction
of the house.
- A house with anaar, ashoka, chandan, champa, chameli,gulaab
, nariyal & keshar tree around is considered auspicious.
- At the time of making a building, make sure that it has open
space on all sides. The levels of open spaces should be higher
in south and west sides and lower in north and east side.
- In case you construct more than one floor,
prepare the first floor on Southwest. The height of first
floor should not be more than the ground floor. Also, ensure
that there is no storeroom on the first floor.
- The entrance of the house should idyllically
be in the northeast, east or north direction. This would bring
in good luck, prosperity and harmony in the house.
- In case you have a big house with an extra
room, make the room in the northwest or northeast direction as
- Since center denotes Brahmasthan, make sure
it is free from any sorts of obstructions. There should be no
beam, pillar, fixture, toilet, staircase or even a wall or
- As for the shape and size of the door, the
width of the door should be half to the height of the door.
- Paintings and statues in the house are also
an important consideration to make when it comes to vastu
shastra. Picture depicting war, violence or any negativities
of life like sorrow and struggle should not be in the house.
- The living room of the house should be in the
east, north and northeast directions.
- According to vastu, the bedroom should be
positioned in southwest, south or west direction of the house.
- The kitchen should be in the Agni Kond.
Ideally, the best bet is to have the kitchen in the southeast.
In case you cannot have it in the southeast direction, one in
the northwest or east direction is also favorable.
- The study room should be designed in such a
way that you study facing east or north side. The ideal colors
for the study room are yellow, white or pink.
HERE FOR PRINCIPLES AND TIPS OF VAASTU ARCHITECTURE
HERE TO KNOW OUR SERVICES AND CHARGES
invites you to the Wonderful World of Vaastu
Engineer R. Prasad (B.Tech., M.Tech., P.G.D.C.A.,
P.G.D.M.) VAASTU INTERNATIONAL
49 C (Second Floor), Pocket- B, SFS
New Delhi - 110096,
TeleFax : +(0091)-011-22615299, Mobile : +(0) 9810105218
e-mail : email@example.com
Languages English Franšais Espa˝ol Deutsch Italiano Portugues