'Asur' generally means, anti-god, incorporeal, opponent of the gods, demon, evil spirit, chief of the evil spirits, ghost, a name of Rahu, zodiacal sign, mustard leaf, etc. Samaranganasutradhara identifies Asur as, 'Rahu, the devourer of Sun and Moon and son of the demon-goddess Simhika'.
Rāhu (राहु) - an Asura and the eldest of the 14 sons of Vipracitti and Simhikā; a servant of Hiraṇyakaśipu; attained the status of a planet and immortality by drinking amṛta in the disguise of a deva, and when detected and reported by the sun and the moon, the Lord threw his chakra which cut off his head; hence he became the enemy of the sun and the moon. Below the region of Rāhu is the abode of the Siddhas, Cāraṇas and Vidyādharas.
• Mayavi Asur, the one Out of harmony.
• Gives knowledge and light if balanced.
• Imbalance creates illusion.
• Leads to Anti-social work, if imbalanced.
• Imbalances makes one tempted to use wrong methods to get things done.
• If balanced, gives depth in spirituality.
• If a person sleeps here, he achieves an attractive personality but can also be in depression. They are generally mentally strong.
• Toilet here - males are not found to be charming.
|Samagri||जौ की मदिरा, भक्ष्य भोजन के साथ मांस|
|समराङ्गण सूत्रधार||असुरो राहुरर्केन्दुमर्दनः सिंहिकात्मजः ॥|
|ये रूपाणि प्रतिमुञ्चमानाs असुराः सन्तः स्वधया चरन्ति।
परापुरो निपुरो ये भरन्त्यग्निष्टॉल्लोकात्प्रणुदात्यस्मात् ॥
|चिन्ह||सिंहासन, वर मुद्रा, खड्ग, खेटक, शूल|
|हवन सामग्री||जौ की मदिरा|
|Role||Informer, Secret Agent|
Good for Bedroom, Store Room, Heavy Machinery.
If unfavorable Creates confusion / illusion, decision go bad, always attracted towards vices, if main gate here – it may attract Govt. actions.
Remedies - Donations related to planet Rahu.
This is zone which creates illusion. If we are not connected to ground, our imaginations will start misguiding us. One must guard himself of misconception of the reality. As Rahu is the ruling planet of South West, he himself being a Asur Raj may cause confusion during his periods in Mahadasha or Antardasha.
Engineer Rameshwar Prasad
(B.Tech., M.Tech., P.G.D.C.A., P.G.D.M.)