'Gandharva' means, Celestial musician or singer, a skilled singer in general, etc. Gandharva is a name used for distinct heavenly beings. They have superb musical skills and are frequently depicted as singers in the court of Gods. Gandharvas are male nature spirits and husbands of the Apsaras. Some of them are part animal, usually a bird or horse. The square of Gandharva governs trance and is the preserver.
Samaranganasutradhara identifies Gandharv as 'Lord Narada'. Narada literally mean the one who gives or spreads the name of the God Narayana. He is generally regarded as one of the great masters of the celestial music. He is depicted carrying a kartal and a veena known as 'mahathi'. He uses his veena for singing hymns, prayers and mantras as an act of devotion to Lord Vishnu. Narada is described as both wise and mischievous.
Nārada (नारद) is the name of a celebrated Devarṣi. He is represented as a messenger from the gods to men and vice versa. He is said to have been the inventor of the lute or Vīṇā. He is also the author of a code of laws which goes by his name.
Nārada (नारद), The son of Brahmā, a devotee of Sri Hari, in his previous births was a Gandharva. Nārada (नारद) has recited the Nāṭyaveda to Bharat, according to the Nāṭyaśāstra.
• People good in music are called Gandharv.
• Balanced gives relaxation , happiness, vacations.
• If area is cut, people will not take vacations for a long time.
• If extended and living room placed here, people are in party mood and don’t take anything seriously.
• Sleeping here gives bad thoughts.
• If kitchen here , people want variety in food.
• Dining table will cause excess expenditure of food items.
• TV, Musical systems is source of recreation here.
• Alcohol can be kept here.
• If extended, people will be extra relaxed and if cut, people will be extra active.
• Extend this area in Hotel business. It will increase foot fall.
|सुगन्धित भात, पुन्नाग एवं अगर की धूप
|ऊँ प्रतद्वोचेदमृत तु विद्वान गन्धर्वो धाम विभूतं गुहासत नमः
|गन्धर्वो भगवान् देवो नारदः परिकीर्तितः ॥
|प्रतद्वोचेदमृतं नु विद्वान्गन्धर्वो धाम विभृतं गुहा सत् ।
त्रीणि पदानि निहिता गुहास्य यस्तानि वेद स पितुः पितासत् ॥
|पाश, त्रिशूल, महिष, लोहे का वृषभ, दंड, खड्ग
|Actor, Performing Artist
|Fragranted Oil, Fragrance, Tamarind (इमली)
The Gandharvas, as per Vāyu-purāṇa, are connected with the ritual especially in connection with the chanting of the Sāmaveda. They are also associated with the ritual of preserving Soma.
Gandharvas are mentioned extensively in the epic Mahabharata as associated with the devas as dancers and singers and with the yakshas, as formidable warriors. They have superb musical skills. They guarded the Soma and made beautiful music for the gods in their palaces.
The best zone for placing communication set up. As the Gandharvas are the preserver of Soma, the life giving nectar, this zone accords protection and blessings of Lord Yama, the God of Death.
Engineer Rameshwar Prasad
(B.Tech., M.Tech., P.G.D.C.A., P.G.D.M.)