Own House: 3
Best Houses : 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12
Weak Houses: 4, 8
Enemy Planets: Ketu, Mercury
Friendly Planets: Jupiter, Moon, Sun
Neutral Planets: Venus, Saturn
Work: Police or Army
Disease: Blood ailment
Substitute: Sun + Mercury (Mars auspicious), Sun + Saturn (Mars inauspicious)
Mars is both virtuous and at times can be evil. While acting favourably, it hardly takes time to be hostile. It changes its form very shortly. By the time the person realizes that something is amiss, Mars would have done his wicked part, hardly giving any time to be alert. A person bitten by snake hardly has time. Relatives and friends, who are related to Mars, do not take much time in changing their views. And soft corner of the heart, once a rift is formed, goes on widening rapidly.
Mars is related with blood of the navel, blood red colour, arms, relatives, desire and enthusiasm to adopt goodness, mutual friends, soldier, army, kitchen and cook, all kinds of doctors, a person acting on reasoning, the upper lip.
Mars acts on the extremes - either soft like a wax or hard like a stone. The Sun, Moon and Jupiter are his friends, whereas Mercury and Ketu are his enemies. Rahu and Saturn are neutral to Mars. The first cycle of Mars runs between the ages 28 and 33, the 2nd between 63 and 68 years and the 3rd between 98 and 103 years. The 1st and 8th houses are the own houses of Mars and he gets exalted in the 10th house of his debilitation. Mars acts as a malefic in the 4th and 8th houses, but he is benefic if placed in the 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12th houses.
Mars is the signification of sex, brothers, land and property and rules over the animal instincts in man. A benefic Mars offers self confidence, sharp wit, faculty of argumentation and adventurous spirit, strong determination and qualities of leadership in all human pursuits. On the contrary, a weak and afflicted Mars makes the native lose temper quickly, fool hardy, quarrelsome and brutal. Such a Mars makes the native a sexual pervert.
The general effects and remedial measures of Mars according to Lal Kitab can be delineated as follows :
Mars in Ist House
Mars in the 1st house makes the native good natured, truthful and richer from the 28th year of age. He wins favours from the government and victory against the enemies without much effort. He earns large profits from the business associated with Saturn i.e., iron, wood, machinery etc. and the relatives represented by Saturn i.e., nephews, grandsons, uncles etc.
Spontaneous curses from the mouth of such a native will never go waste. Association of Saturn with Mars provides physical trouble to the native.
1. Avoid the acceptance of things free of cost or in charity.
2. Avoid evil deeds and telling lies.
3. Association with saints and Faqirs will prove very harmful.
4. Things of ivory will give very adverse effects. Avoid them.
Mars in 2nd House
The native with Mars in the 2nd house is generally the eldest issue of his parents, or else he or she would always like to be treated so. But living and behaving like a younger brother would prove highly beneficial and ward off several evils automatically. Mars in this house provides great wealth and properties from the in-law's family. Mars negative here makes the native a snake in disguise for others and causes his death in war or quarrels.
Mars with Mercury in the 2nd house weakens the will power and undermines the importance of the native.
1. The business associated with Moon, e.g., trade in cloth, will provide great prosperity, hence strengthen Moon.
2. Ensure that your in-laws make arrangements for providing drinking water facilities to the common people.
3. Keep deer skin in the house.
Mars in 3rd House
The 3rd house is affected by Mars and Mercury, who provide brothers and sisters to the native i.e., he will not be the only issue of his parents. Others will be highly benefited from the native, but he will not be able to receive benefit from others. Humbleness will bring rewards. In-laws will become richer and richer after the native's marriage. The native believes in the principle " eat, drink and be merry" and suffers from blood disorders.
1. Be soft hearted and avoid arrogance. Be good to brothers for prosperity.
2. Keep articles of ivory with you .
3. Put on silver ring in the left hand.
Mars in 4th House
The 4th house is overall the property of Moon. The fire and heat of Mars in this house burns the cold water of Moon i.e., the properties of the Moon are adversely affected. The native loses peace of mind and suffers from jealousy to others. He always misbehaves with his younger brothers. The native's evil mission gets strong destructive powers. Such a native affects the life of his mother, wife, mother-in-law etc very adversely. His anger becomes the cause of his overall destruction in various aspects of life.
1. Offer sweet milk to the roots of a banyan tree and put that wet soil on your navel.
2. To avoid havoc from fire, place empty bags of sugar on the roof of your house, shop or factory.
3. Always keep a square piece of silver with you.
4. Keep away from black, one-eyed or disabled person.
Mars in 5th House
The 5th house belongs to the Sun, who is a natural friend of Mars. Hence Mars ensures very good results in this house. The sons of the native become instruments of wealth and fame for him. His prosperity increases manifold after the birth of sons. The things and relatives represented by Venus and Moon will prove beneficial in every manner. Someone of his forefathers must have been a doctor or Vaidya.
The prosperity of the native will continue to grow more and more with the growth in age. But romance and emotional affairs with the opposite sex will prove highly disastrous for the native, which will destroy his mental peace and night sleep too.
1. Maintain a good moral character.
2. Keep water in a pot below the head side of your bed at night and drop it in a flower pot in the morning.
3. Offer Shradha to your ancestors and plant a Neem tree in the house.
Mars in 6th House
This house belongs to Mercury and Ketu. Both are mutual enemies and inimical to Mars also. Hence Mars in this house will keep himself away from both. The native will be courageous, adventurous, lover of justice and powerful enough to set fire into water. He will be highly benefited by the trade and business associated with Mercury. His pen will wield more power than the sword. If Sun, Saturn and Mars are placed together in one house, the brothers, mother, sisters and wife will be affected very adversely.
1. Distribute salt in place of sweets on the birth of a male child.
2. His brothers should keep the native happy by offering him something or the other for their protection and prosperity. But if he does not accept such things, the same should be thrown in water.
3. The male children of the native should not wear gold.
4. Adopt remedies of Saturn for family comfort. Worship Ganeshji for parents' health and destruction of enemies.
Mars in 7th House
This house belongs to the influences of Venus and Mercury, who combined together provide the effect of Sun. If Mars is placed therein, the 7th house will be affected by Sun and Mars both, which ensures that the native's ambition will be fulfilled. Wealth, property and family will increase.
But if Mercury is also placed here along with Mars, very adverse results will follow regarding the things and relations represented by Mercury e.g., sister, sister-in-law, nurses, maid servant, parrot, goats etc. Hence it would be better to keep away from them.
1. Place solid piece of silver in the house for prosperity.
2. Always offer sweets to daughter, sister, sister-in-law and widows.
3. Repeatedly build a small wall and destroy it.
Mars in 8th House
The 8th house belongs to Mars and Saturn, who jointly influence the properties of this house. No planet is considered good in this house. Mars here affects very adversely the younger brothers of the native. The native sticks to commitments made by him without caring for profit or loss.
1. Obtain blessings of widows and wear a silver chain.
2. Offer sweet loaves of bread prepared on Tandoor to dogs.
3. Take your meals in the kitchen.
4. Build a small dark room at the end of your house and do not allow sun light to enter it.
5. Offer rice, jaggery and gram pulse at religious places of worship.
6. Fill an earthen pot with 'Deshi Khand' and bury it near a cremation ground.
Mars in 9th House
This house belongs to Jupiter, a friend of Mars. Mars placed in this house will prove good in every manner to the native by virtue of the help and blessings of the elders. His brother's wife proves very fortunate for him. Generally he will have as many brothers as his father had. Living with brothers in a joint family will enhance all round happiness. The native will gain a highly prestigious administrative post upto the 28th year of his age. He may earn large profits in the trade of goods associated with warfare.
1. Obedience to elder brother.
2. Render services to your Bhabhi i.e., brother's wife.
3. Do not become an atheist and follow your traditional customs and rituals.
4. Offer rice, milk and jaggery at religious places of worship.
Mars in 10th House
This is the best position of Mars in a horoscope, the place of his exaltation. If the native is born in a poor family, his family will become rich and affluent after his birth. If he is born in a rich family, his family will grow richer and richer after his birth. If the native is the eldest brother he will gain a more distinct recognition and reputation in society. He will be bold, courageous, healthy and competent enough to set traditions, norms and rules in society.
However, if malefic planets Rahu, Ketu and Saturn or Venus and Moon are placed in the 2nd house, the aforesaid beneficial effects are reduced. Further if a friendly planet is placed in the 3rd house, it will also affect the results of Mars in the 10th house adversely. If Saturn is placed in the 3rd house, the native will gain huge wealth and large properties in the later part of his life along with a kingly position. Mars in the 10th house but no planet in the 5th house provides all round prosperity and happiness.
1. Do not sell ancestral property and gold of the house.
2. Keep a pet deer in your house.
3. While boiling milk, please ensure that it should not overflow and fall on the fire.
4. Offer help to one-eyed and childless persons.
Mars in 11th House
Mars gives good results in this house, because this house is influenced by Jupiter and Saturn. If Jupiter is in exalted position, Mars gives very good results. Native is courageous and just and usually a trader.
1. One should never sell one's ancestral property.
2. Keeping Sindoor or honey in an earthen pot will give good results.
Mars in 12th House
This house is inhabited by Jupiter, so now both Mars and Jupiter will give good results. This is also considered as the "Pukka Ghar" of Rahu, so now Rahu will not trouble the native notwithstanding its position in native's horoscope.
1. Take honey the first thing in the morning.
2. Eating sweets and offering sweets to another person will increase the wealth of the native.
(1) Practice one remedy at one time.
(2) Practice the remedies maximum for 43 days and minimum for 40 days.
(3) Practice them fully. If there occurs any interruption, resume the remedies again.
(4) Perform the remedies from sun-rise to sun-set.
(5) Remedies can also be practiced by some of the kin i.e. brother, father or son etc as well.
MARS in Lal Kitab
The diameter of Mars is 6800 kilometers; it is situated at a distance of about 23 Crore kilometers from Sun. It moves around the Sun at an approximate speed of 24 kilometers per second and completes the round in 387 days. It revolves in its axis in 25 hours.
According to the mythology Mars is one of the nine planets which has golden chariot drawn by eight horses. It has a masculine nature with a cruel and warlike temperament.
Mars is the lord of red objects. It is supposed to be the son of earth. It represents energy and power. The energy which he gets from Sun and Moon maintains the continuity of life.
Characteristic of Mars
A person affected by Mars is a teenager, glowing complexioned with glossy, curly hair. He has eyes of an angry man with redness and cruelty of a lion. He is active, daring but kind and generous too. He is an expert in his ability to vanquish enemies. If Mars is malefic in a natal's horoscope then he is very rude, always willing to quarrel and laud-some. Mars controls blood, lever, lips, stomach, chest and hands. It causes strength, valour, pride, courage, passion, anger, lie, Jealousy and speaking ill of others.
Mars is auspicious for the king, as well as its subjects, but if malefic it causes robbery, murder, war and violence and tends to hurt both the king as well as others.
Relation with zodiac and other planets
Mars is the lord of the sign Aries and Scorpio. Its exalted zodiac is Capricorn while Cancer is debilitated one.
Friends Sun Moon, Jupiter
Enemies Mercury, Ketu
Neutral Venus, Saturn, Rahu
Mars according to Lal Kitab
A person influenced by Mars is simple, noble and strong. He is a good protector but not being able to think he tends to lean towards evil. If it is favourable, the person is brave as a lion but if it is unfavourable the person is a coward and tries to escape from things. It controls eating and drinking ability; the person is loved and served by his relatives and friends and enjoys good health and wealth. Navel in the body is the centre of Mars and controls blood.
Mars tends to be favourable when placed with Sun, Moon or Jupiter. It gives favourable results. When it is with Mercury, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu, its effects are unfavourable.
It is advised to immerse sweets or sweet food in water or offer it to people.
House of Mars if it is beneficial
Mars moves with Jupiter, Moon and Sun and acts as their protector or watchman. The entrance of the house should be in south west. Arrival of guests and relatives in the house will be beneficial for the well being of the natal.
House of Mars if it is malefic
The door of the house will be in the south; the house shall fall under the shadow of a tree. There may be a sweet shop, a parcher, cremation ground or graveyard beside the house. The person may be one eyed or childless.
Engineer Rameshwar Prasad
(B.Tech., M.Tech., P.G.D.C.A., P.G.D.M.)