Own house: 6
Best houses : 3, 6, 9, 10, 12
Weak houses: 8, 7, 11
Colour: Black white
Enemy planets: Moon, Mars
Friendly planets: Venus, Rahu
Neutral planets: Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury, Sun
Exalted: 5, 9, 12
Debilitated: 6, 8
Time: Early in the morning (Sun rise)
Disease: Joints, Urine, Feet, Legs
Substitute: Venus + Saturn (Exalted) Moon + Saturn (Debilitated)
Ketu black white coloured, blessed with son, travelling and propriety. If Rahu is the supporter of evil, Ketu supports good deeds.
Objects related to Ketu are son, grandson (daughter's son), child, advisor, farsightedness, dog, pig, lizard, male bird, donkey, rabbit, porter, innocent rat, interest, ear, leg, spinal chord, cat's eye, sesame, sour, banana, blackwhite blanket, tamarind, cot, onion, garlic, etc.
Jupiter helps Ketu to overcome its weakness and enable it to give auspicious effects. Moon and Mars are inimical to Ketu. Hence whenever they unite with Ketu, it becomes debilitated. That is why when natal wears gold in ears, it increases the power of Ketu and gives power to natal to give birth to son.
Ketu, according to the author of Lal Kitab, represents son, grandson, ear, spine etc. 6th house is considered to be it's 'Pucca Ghar.' It gives its exalted effect when in 5th, 9th or 12th house and its debilitated effect in 6th and 8th house. Dawn is its time and it represents Sunday.
Ketu represents the opposite node of Ketu, in the tail of the serpent. Its colours are black and white. Venus and Rahu are it's friends, whereas Moon and Mars are its enemies. Forty two years is the age of Ketu. Ketu is also considered to be the bed. So the bed given by in-laws after marriage is considered to be auspicious for the birth of a son and as long as that bed is in the house, the effect of Ketu can never be inauspicious.
Ketu in 1st House
If Ketu is auspicious or benefic in this house, the native will be laborious, rich and happy, but will always be concerned and troubled because of his progeny. He may fear frequent transfers or travels, but ultimately it would always be postponed.
Whenever Ketu comes in 1st house in Varsha Kundli there may be birth of a son or nephew. there may also be a long journey. The native with Ketu in 1st house will always be beneficial for his father and/or guru and causes exaltation of Sun.
If ketu in 1st house is malefic, the native would suffer from headache. His wife would have health problems and would have worries concerning kids. If 2nd and 7th houses are empty then Mercury and Venus would also give bad results. There would be travels, transfers with no gain. If Saturn is malefic it would destroy father and guru.
If Sun is in 7th or 8th house then after the birth of a grandson the health would suffer. No alms should be given in morning and evening.
1. Feed jaggery (gur) to monkeys.
2. Apply saffron as Tilak.
3. If offspring is troubled then donate a black and white blanket to temple.
Ketu in 2nd House
2nd house is affected by Moon, which is an enemy of Ketu. If Ketu in 2nd house is benefic then one gets paternal property. One has to travel a lot and his travels are fruitful. Venus gives good results, irrespective of its position. Moon would give bad results. If Sun is in 12th house then one starts earning his livelihood after twenty four years and is happy. If Jupiter is exalted along with Ketu in 2nd house, then income would be in lacs of rupees. If Ketu in 2nd house is malefic, then one has to travel to dry areas. One cannot rest at one place and would be wandering from place to place. Income may be good, but so would be the expenditure. Thus net gain would be negligible. If there is Moon or Mars in 8th house then native's life would be short and he would have serious problem at the age of sixteen or twenty years. If 8th house is empty then Ketu would give malefic results.
1. Apply turmeric or saffron as tilak.
2. One should not be of loose character.
3. If one religiously visits temples and bows his head there then Ketu in 2nd house would give good results.
Ketu in 3rd House
3rd house is affected by Mercury and Mars, both enemies of Ketu. Number 3 would have an important role in the life of the native. If Ketu in 3rd house is benefic then his children would be good. The native would be god fearing and a gentleman. If Ketu is in 3rd house and Mars is in 12th then the native has a son before 24th year of age. The son would be good for wealth and longevity of the native. The native with Ketu in 3rd house usually gets a job, which entails long travels.
If Ketu in 3rd house is malefic then native loses money in litigation. He gets separated from his wife/sisters-in-law. If such a native lives in a house with it's main gate facing south, he will have serious problems regarding children. Such a native cannot say no to any thing and so will always have worries. He will have troubles from his brothers and will have to travel uselessly.
1. Use saffron as tilak.
2. Wear gold.
3. Offer jaggery, rice in flowing water.
Ketu in 4th house
4th house belongs to Moon, which is an enemy of Ketu. If Ketu is benefic in 4th house then the native is god fearing and lucky for his father and guru. Son is born to such a native only after getting the blessings of one's guru. The son born lives long. Such a native leaves all his decisions to God. If moon is in 3rd or 4th house the result is benefic. Such a native is a good adviser and will never have shortage of money. If Ketu is malefic in this house then the native is unhealthy, his mother is troubled, there is loss of happiness. One may suffer from diabetes. A son is born after thirty six years of age. Such a native has more daughters than sons.
1. Keep a dog.
2. Wear silver for peace of mind.
3. Offer yellow things in flowing water.
Ketu in 5th House
5th house belongs to Sun. It is also affected by Jupiter. If Jupiter, Sun or Moon is in 4th, 6th or 12th house then one's financial condition will be excellent and the native will have five sons. Ketu becomes benefic by itself after twenty four years of age. If Ketu in 5th house is malefic then the native suffers from asthma. Ketu gives malefic results till five years of age. Sons will not survive. Livelihood starts after twenty four years of age. The native is unlucky for ones sons.
1. Donate milk and sugar.
2. The remedies of Jupiter would be useful.
Ketu in 6th House
6th house belongs to Mercury. Ketu in 6th house is considered debilitated. This is 'Pucca' house of Ketu. Here again the effect of Ketu depends upon the nature of Jupiter. It gives good result regarding son. The native is a good adviser.
If Jupiter is benefic then the native has a long life and his mother is happy and the life is peaceful. If any two of the male planets viz Sun, Jupiter, Mars are in good position then Ketu is benefic.
If Ketu is malefic in 6th house then maternal uncle suffers. The native has to suffer due to useless travels. People turn into enemies without any reason. The native suffers from skin diseases. If Moon is in 2nd house then mother suffers and even the native's old age is troubled.
1. Wear golden ring in the finger of left hand.
2. Drink milk with saffron and wear gold in the ear.
3. Heat up a rod of gold and then dip it in milk. Then drink it. It would restore mental peace, increase longevity and is good for sons.
4. Keep a dog.
Ketu in 7th House
7th house belongs to Mercury and Venus . If Ketu in 7th house is benefic then the native gets the wealth of forty years in twenty four years of age. The wealth increases in proportion to the children one has. The native's enemies are frightened of the native. If one has the help of Mercury, Jupiter or Venus then the native is never disappointed.
If Ketu in 7th house is malefic then the native is usually ill, makes false promises and is troubled by enemies till thirty four years of age. If there are more than one planet in Lagna then ones children are destroyed. If one abuses then the native is destroyed. If Ketu is with Mercury then after thirty four years of age the native's enemies are destroyed by themselves.
1. Never make a false promise, be proud, or abusive.
2. Use saffron as Tilak.
3. In case of serious trouble use the remedies of Jupiter.
Ketu in 8th house
8th house belongs to Mars, which is an enemy of Ketu. If Ketu in 8th house is benefic then the native begets a son at thirty four years of age, or after the marriage of ones sister or daughter. If Jupiter or Mars are not in 6th and 12th house then Ketu does not give malefic results. similar effect is there when Moon is in 2nd house. If Ketu in 8th house is malefic then the native's wife has ill health. son will not be born, or may die. The native may suffer from diabetes or urinary problem. If Saturn or Mars are in 7th then the native is unlucky. In case of malefic Ketu in 8th house the native's character determines the health of his wife. After twenty six years of age the family life suffers.
1. Keep a dog.
2. Donate a black and white blanket in any temple.
3. Worship lord Ganesha.
4. Wear gold in the ear.
5. Use saffron as tilak.
Ketu in 9th House
9th house belongs to Jupiter, which favours Ketu. Ketu in 9th house is considered to be exalted. Such a native is obedient and lucky. It increases ones wealth. If Ketu is benefic then one earns wealth through ones own labour. There will be progress but no transfer. If one keeps gold brick in his house then wealth comes. The son of such a native is able to guess the future. One spends a big part of his life in foreign land. One has at least three sons and if 2nd house is auspicious then Ketu gives excellent results . If Moon is auspicious then the native helps his mother's family. If Ketu in 9th house is malefic then the native suffers from urinary problems, pain in back, problem in legs. The native's sons keep on dying.
1. Keep a dog.
2. Establish a rectangular piece of gold anywhere in the house.
3. Wear gold in the ear.
4. Respect elders, specially father-in-law.
Ketu in 10th house
10th house belongs to Saturn. The effect of Ketu here depends upon the nature of Saturn. If ketu is benefic here then the native is lucky, concerned about himself and opportunist. His father dies early. If Saturn is in 6th then one is a famous player. If one keeps on forgiving his brothers for their misdeeds the native will go on progressing. If the character of native is good then he earns a lot of wealth. If Ketu in 10th house is malefic then one suffers from urinary and ear problems. The native has pain in bones. The domestic life is full of worries and troubled if Saturn is in 4th house. Three sons would die.
1. Keep silver pot full of honey in the house.
2. Keep a dog, specially after forty eight years of age.
3. Avoid adultery.
4. Use the remedies of Moon and Jupiter.
Ketu in 11th House
Here Ketu is considered very good. It gives wealth. This house is affected by Jupiter and Saturn. If Ketu is benefic here and Saturn is in 3rd house, it gives enormous wealth. The wealth earned by the native is more than his paternal wealth, but one tends to worry about his future. If Mercury is in 3rd it leads to Raj Yoga. If Ketu is malefic here then the native has problem in his abdomen. The more he worries about future, more troubled he is. grandmother or mother of the native suffers, if Saturn is also malefic. Then there would be no benefit from son or house.
1. Keep black dog.
2. Wear an onyx or emerald.
Ketu in 12th House
Here Ketu is considered to be exalted. The native is wealthy, achieves a big position and spends on good works. If Rahu is in 6th house, along with Mercury, then the effect is even better. One has all the benefits and luxuries of life. If Ketu in 12th house is malefic then one buys land from an issueless person and the native becomes issueless himself. If one kills dogs Ketu gives malefic results. If 2nd house has Moon, Venus or Mars, Ketu gives malefic results.
1. Worship Lord Ganesha.
2. Do not have a loose character.
3. Keep a dog.
4. Saunf and khand under the pillow for good night's sleep.
(1) Practice one remedy at one time.
(2) Practice the remedies maximum for 43 days and minimum for 40 days.
(3) Practice them fully. If there occurs any interruption, resume the remedies again.
(4) Perform the remedies from sun-rise to sun-set.
(5) Remedies can also be practiced by some of the kin i.e. brother, father or son etc as well.
KETU in Lal Kitab
Like Rahu, Ketu is also a chhaya graha (shadow planet), i.e. it is not believed to have an independent existence as a planet. It is associated with Saturn.
Ketu is strange looking, black white or smoke coloured. The person dominated by the influence of Ketu is lean and short. The upper portion of the body is heavily built but the lower part is comparatively thin. He has big ears and the temple region is quite prominent. The eyes are red and he has loud voice. He is possessed by inferior desires, is obstinate and cruel in temperament. If Ketu is favourable the person proves to be extremely loyal to his master or anyone he considers as his mentor.
Ketu governs ears, feet, almost the entire body except the head portion, backbone, urinary tube, etc. It regulates penance, silence, salvation, greed, slandering names of others, speaking, hearing, etc.
Relation with zodiac and other planets
Ketu is associated with the zodiac Pisces. It holds an exalted position when placed in the house of Sagittarius.
Friends - Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Rahu
Enemies - Sun, Moon, Mars
Neutral - Jupiter
Ketu according to Lal Kitab
Ketu is a great advisor, a messenger of peace and the lord of voyage. It is the planet which extends its support to the person till the end of his life but if it is unfavourable it beats the person in some way or the other and deprives him of everything. No matter how badly it may afflict a person but he never goes to the extreme of killing him.
Ketu tends to be beneficial if it is placed with Jupiter. It acts as a seat of Jupiter on which Jupiter meditates or sits like a faithful dog of the saint which is none else but Jupiter.
Ketu tends to be a means to salvation. It is generally pleased by offering chapatis to dogs.
House of Ketu
The house is generally related with children. The environment is not good. The people living there often face deception. The house is located in a corner. Either there are houses on three sides with one side vacant or there is a house on one side while the remaining three sides around the house are open. There shall not be more than three sons or grandsons. If there is one son, then he shall have three grandsons but if he has three sons then only one son and grandson shall survive. There will be a road leading to two sides from the front of the house. One of it's adjoining house would be in ruins or an open field where dogs roam about.
- Feeding dogs is useful if Ketu is present inauspiciously in the horoscope.
- Ketu is considered to be a dog. Sesame is also donated among the objects of Ketu donation.
- Ganapati is the lord of Ketu. If the behaviour of son is not proper, the ill effect of Ketu goes off by donating quilt at the temple.
- Adorning pure silk thread and pearl in silver ring is useful if one has trouble in feet or has urinary infection.
Whereas Ketu is assumed as dog, it is assumed as son too. Therefore one should feed bread to dogs when trouble befalls son, native's relation with relative, associated with feelings, protects him. When the relative does not remain alive, the objects representing all this should necessarily be adorned.
- When Jupiter is in the twelfth house, and as long as his father and grandfather are alive, native's night passes peacefully. After their death, native should necessarily adorn the objects related with Jupiter for the sake of peaceful sleep. For example pulse, gram, saffron, gold should be kept close during night. Sound sleep will come thus.
In the event of Moon being malefic sitting in the eleventh house, the native's wife should, change the place when she feels the labour pain and should not look at the child's face for 52 days. The idea behind this is that the Moon, which signifies mother, is going to confer ill effect on child, aspecting fifth house. It is better if the cause that is mother gets away so that the ill effect of Moon also goes off.
In the same way if Mars, sitting in the house of luck, becomes malefic, the wife of native's brother should do the nursing and service. It is related with the ninth house. Third house is of brother and the seventh of third is house of brother's wife. On the basis of this principle, when positioned in the seventh house Mars is malefic, nursing brother's son will be beneficial: Reason being fifth house of third is seventh. Similarly if Mars in the second house of Taurus is malefic, the conjunction of childlessness is formed as its fourth house aspects fifth house. However if the native is fostering his family members, he does not become childless. Second house is of family. Hence he should nurse it.
When Saturn is in the fifth house and Sun is in the Leo sign, native's son faces trouble during construction of house. This trouble befalls only when the native starts building house and not when his son builds or buys a house. The parental house should be in the west when Saturn is in the fifth house (Saturn is ruler of west direction). The objects related with the enemy planet of Saturn remove ill effect of Saturn. Saturn's enemy Sun's objects are such as wheat, jaggery, copper, brown buffalo etc.
Planet in the seventh house from a reference house or planet in the seventh house benefits original planet or the house. For example, if Saturn is in the tenth house, the fourth house benefits. Sun is seventh from Jupiter, it helps Sun. But that happens only until the object of the seventh house is completed. For example, if Saturn is sitting in tenth house, house (fourth house) will not be built. Saturn coming to seventh from fourth will benefit fourth house but after the house is constructed, Saturn will not be useful for fourth house anymore.
How planets are sitting together, whose objects should be donated and whose objects should be adorned?
- Jupiter and Sun are together and native faces financial difficulty, the objects related with Jupiter, such as eating saffron, adorning gold and book donation should be made.
- If Sun and Saturn are together and health of native's wife is suffering, donate maize equivalent to her weight.
- If Sun and Saturn are together and Saturn is afflicted due to the power of Sun, that is house etc. related with Saturn are being destroyed, donate objects related with Sun. If due to presence of Saturn woman's objects such as gold and jaggery are suffering loss, donate objects related with Saturn such as iron, oil, almond etc.
- If Sun and Rahu are together, floating objects such as coal, mustard etc, related with Rahu, in the river will be useful during solar eclipse: Meaning thereby that objects of harmful planets should be donated.
- If Moon and Rahu are together (eclipse conjunction), immersing Rahu's objects or Saturn's objects (Saturn is also enemy of Moon) in river during lunar eclipse will exalt Moon.
- If Mars and Mercury are together and the health of sister is suffering, bury the objects of Mars such as brown sugar, honey, aniseed etc filled in an earthen pot (surahi) at an isolated place. This will be the remedy to calm down Mars. All the above mentioned remedies should be undertaken during the daytime.
Indications of Malefic Ketu in the Horoscope
1. Son is ill or may even die.
2. Native suffers from imaginary fears.
3. One looses off nail of feet or has repeated injuries on knees/ legs.
4. Makes native move out for more than 100 days on transfer/ tour etc.
5. One suffers from urinary/ mental problems/ undiagnosed disease or may have suicidal tendency.
6. One may suffer from enlargement of spleen, hydrocele, epidemics, eruptive fever, cuts/ wounds, feet burning, joint's pain, leprosy or ailments of skin, backbone, ear, hernia, tumour or diseases below navel.
7. Dog cries on roof of the native.
Remedies of Malefic Ketu
1. Keep a black dog as pet or on Sunday mornings, give part of food to a black dog.
2. Donate black & white blanket in a temple or to a Sadhu on a Sunday morning.
3. Donate milk, rice, red Masoordaal, DesiKhand, or honey for safety and welfare of children.
4. Worship Lord Ganesh.
5. Sleep on the bed received in dowry.
6. Get ears pierced and put in golden rings.
7. Donate Kapila cow, Til, gold, musk, black & white blanket, sugar, lead, mix grains or onions to a sikh or to a low caste.
8. Take two identical black & white stones; keep one with you and throw other in running water or if Sun is in 4th house, then in a well.
9. Wear silver rings in thumbs of both feet.
10. Wear gold chain and put Tiiak of Saffron.
11. Bury milk & honey in foundation of the house.
12. On main gate Choukhat, put copper plate.
13. Give part of your income, to wife's brother or sons of sister/ daughter.
14. For children's welfare, offer Chana-daal & Saffron in a temple on Thursdays or if one goes out for over 100 days, drop copper coins in a river.
15. To get over" Divine debt", collect equal money from all members of the family and feed 100 dogs.
16. Bury silver vessel in the shape of a pitcher filled with honey outside your house.
17. Do not construct your house over a plot purchased from a person without a son.
18. Flow in running water, banana, lemon, Imli or tangy things.
19. If Ketu is afflicted in 11th house, keep reddish/ yellow lemon/ articles associated with Saturn by the bedhead of the lady of the house in the night and offer these in the morning in a temple. This will have good effect on wife and son.
20. If Ketu is malefic in 8th house, appease Moon by offering milk to Lord Shiva (in Linga form), or by donating yellow lemons in a religious place, or by feeding a dog with milk for 15 days.
Engineer Rameshwar Prasad
(B.Tech., M.Tech., P.G.D.C.A., P.G.D.M.)